Stay Clear of Phishing Websites!
It has come to our attention that there are phishing websites and email recently trying to acquire players’ login and password information.
What is phishing?
Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames and passwords.
Fake Websites are often the common practice of a “phishing” scheme.
Fake Websites can be very convincing. They often use copies of official artwork and logos.
Here are some ways to detect whether you’ve been directed to a fake site.
• How did you get here? Did you follow an email or chat link to get to the site?
If you did, be caution.
• Check the URL: All official Asiasoft sites or related MapleSEA sites use the URL pattern “http://[gamename].asiasoftsea.net“ or “MapleSEA.com“
If a site doesn’t end as stated above, it’s not an official Website.
Official AsiaSoft Website
• Check the email domain: All official Asiasoft emails use the email domain “@asiasoftsea.net“
• No matter what situation, Official Sites and email from Asiasoft will NEVER ASK for your PASSWORD of your passport or game accounts.
No matter in what situation, you should not disclose or share your passwords to anyone, be it to buddies, websites or any other ways.
• Look for blind links and broken or dead end pages:
Look around for ways to get back to the home page or to find other information. If there are no other links on the page and no way to get to any other locations on the site, be suspicious.
• Be careful at “fan” Websites: Most fan Websites are not just what they appear to be.
Some are fronts for scammers. Never use
the same name, password and email you use for your passport or game account for a fan site account.
The key here is to always stop and think
Protect yourself, game safely and happy Mapling!
– Maple Administrator