Patch Notes for Version 0.72
The upcoming patch 0.72 includes:
EPISODE 2 (PART 1)
Episode 2 Launch Events
A series of surprises await you as MapleSEA Episode 2 unfolds on the 20th May 2009. Check out what we have in store for you:
- MapleSEA Episode 2 login page now sports a new look!
- 2x EXP events running from the 22nd May to 28th June 2009 on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check www.MapleSEA.com for more details.
- Sales event running for a month from 20th May till 19th June 2009. Each week, all items under a specific tab will be sold at a discounted price of 20%. Stay tuned to our updates to make sure you don’t miss out any of the good deals!
Dual Language Game Client
- Chinese language is now available in MapleSEA in the newly launched Gemini world.
- A brand new world starting with 15 new channels is launched in MapleSEA. The Gemini world provides more room for adventures in Chinese language! In celebration of the launch of Gemini world, 2x EXP events will be held 24 hours from 20th to 31st May 2009. An even better news is, it will become a 4x EXP event when it is overlapped with the 2x EXP event for MapleSEA Episode 2 launch!
Knights of Cygnus (Preview)
- Preview the Knight of Cygnus in-game trailer and quests before the actual launch coming real SOON!
- With this new system, you can guide the young adventurers around Maple World. Invite them to join your family as a Junior so that you, an Senior, can share your hard-earned knowledge with them. Skilled and well-trained Juniors will increase your reputation and bring you various Privileges of the Famous Adventures, which include EXP and Drop Rate boosts! Seek out Leader Al at Lith Harbor for more information.
Timeless Temple & Pink Bean
- Let Corba transform you into a dragon so that you may cut through vicious winds to reach the Temple of Time, a mysterious temple in the sky. However, beware! It is whispered that within the temple dwells the strongest monster in Maple World, one that has yet to be defeated. Enter at your own risk…
Elin Forest & PQ
- Elin Forest is the last place in Maple World where prehistoric monsters roam, accessible only by the Time Control Room in Helios tower. Yet, a Black Magician is trying to poison the forest! It is now up to you to stop him. (Hint: You will need at least a party of four!)
- Now all Maplers above level 45 will get a new skill! Simply visit Moren in Magatia town to learn the Item Maker skill after completing a quest. This skill enables Maplers to create equipment and is leveled up by completing quests instead of the regular SP. Stimulators can be used with the Maker skill to create better items, but there is always a 10% chance of failure.
Mu Lung Training Center
- Only by surviving the Kung Fu Panda Master’s challenge, will you earn the title of a master! Prove yourself by taking up the challenge from Mu Gong, the Kung Fu master from Mu Lung Training Center and achieve different colored martial belts to signify your grade. You can reach the training center at any one of these locations: Mu Lung, Ellinia, Kerningand Orbis town.
Free Pet Snail Roonie
- Get the free pet, Snail Roonie when you complete a quest at level 15! This pet comes with free accessories that not only help you loot monster drops, but also recover your HP and MP. Just remember to free 6 slots in your inventory (1 Pet slot)for the pet and its accessories (5 Equip slots) and your pet will take care of the rest! Unfortunately, nothing lives forever and the same goes for Snail Roonie. So use Pet Roonie wisely.
- Getting panicky from the information overload in Maple World? Now, there’s the Monster Book encyclopedia containing information of mob drops, monster location and various stats to help you. The best news is you will be granted a buff for each card collected (capped at the first 5 cards).
- Daleer, the Priest of Honour, is here in Lith Harbor to reward medals for various achievements in Maple World! Once a medal is awarded to you, you will receive a title under your character’s name. Titles like The Legendary Hunter and Donation King are renewed every month.
- Dragon Stone can be acquired repetitively by completing the quest for “What Horned Tail left…”.
- It can be used only once per each Horned Tail necklace.
- When the members are remaining in the previous map, you cannot proceed on to the next map.
- During the stage 1 and 2 in the Horned Tail cave, you cannot proceed to the next map without attacking the monster.
- Mini Dungeons’ time limit is extended to 2 hours.
- Channel Transfer and Cash Shop entry are available from Mini Dungeons.
- Monster riding is available in Mini Dungeons.
- No more running into other users in the Mini Dungeons.
- Mini Dungeons locations are now added in the World Map.
New EXP Table
- With the new EXP table implemented, you can now level up more easily with about 70% to 80% of the effort you used to put it.
4th Anniversary Event
- Maple Anniversary Drops!: Monsters all over Maple World will be dropping 1st and 2nd anniversary Maple weapons, Maple Hats, and Maple Shields. Monsters will also be dropping Maple Leaves and Sunshines for all the exciting 4th anniversary quests and events, so be sure to grab those drops to exchange them for special items!
- Upgrade Your Weapons!: Go to the Maple Admin NPC to exchange your old 1st and 2nd anniversary weapons and 1,500 to 2,000 Maple Leaves for a 4th anniversary weapon, Maple Hat, Maple Shield, or Maple Earrings!
- 4th Anniversary Scrolls: If you have 1,500 Maple Leaves, you’ll be able to acquire a scroll from any Maple Admin NPC that’s exclusive to the 4th anniversary weapons!
Here is a list of the scrolls you can get:
| Scroll for Ear Accessory for INT
|| Scroll for Shield for DEF
| Scroll for One-handed Sword for ATT
|| Scroll for One-handed Axe for ATT
| Scroll for One-handed BW for ATT
|| Scroll for Dagger for ATT
| Scroll for Wand for Magic ATT
|| Scroll for Staff for Magic ATT
| Scroll for Two-handed Sword for ATT
|| Scroll for Two-handed Axe for ATT
| Scroll for Two-handed BW for ATT
|| Scroll for Spear for ATT
| Scroll for Pole Arm for ATT
|| Scroll for Bow for ATT
| Scroll for Crossbow for ATT
|| Scroll for Claw for ATT
- Tiank Monster Card – Take the chance to exchange Maple Leaves with Tiank to get rare monster cards for your Monster Book collection. Go speak to Tiank from the Lith Harbor.
- 4th Anniversary Level-up Event – Receive Maple Leaves every time you level up! All you have to do is click on the light bulb icon that appears above your head after leveling up, and you will receive Maple Leaves from the Maple Administrator automatically.
- 4 Candles
- 4th Anniversary Celebration Cake
- Maple Leaf in between the lips…
- Making Maple Syrup
- Cassandra’s New Information
- The material of the Mysterious Fabric
- Francois’ Latest Work
- MapleSEA Speed Quiz – Cassandra has prepared a special quiz for you to find out how well you know MapleStory. Answer the names of the NPCs and monsters correctly and be rewarded with EXP and Maple Leaves.
- Disappeared Mysterious Fabric
- Mending the Maple Cape
- Alcaster’s Advice
- Party Quest category is added in the quest window. It is available when you reaches 5 levels lower than the actual level required for PQ.
- Moon Rabbit PQ is revised. Bring the remaining Rice Cakes to NPC Tory in the Short Cut map. Once Tory has accepted an enough amount of Rice Cakes, he will reward you with a Rice Cake Hat.
- New reward additions are included in the Ludibrium and Orbis Party Quest.
- The Forest of Patience map can only be entered once per day.
- The Deep Forest of Patience map can only be entered once per day.
- You can search for the Treasure Chest in Subway Area once per day.
- The Delivery System is not available in Zakum’s Altar, Horned Tail Cave and Pink Bean map.
- Common Skill for all classes edited
- Warrior Awakening skill can be leveled up to level 5.
- Maple Warrior master level increased to level 30.
- Warrior job skills revised
- Warrior skill “Power Strike” initial damage has been increased to 165%. Damage after mastering remains the same.
- Warrior skill “Slash Blast” initial damage has been increased to 72%. Damage after mastering remains the same.
- Spearman skill “Hyper Body” effective period increased to 300 seconds.
- Fighter skill “Rage”, upon mastering, increases attack by 12.
- Page skill “Threaten” applies to boss mobs. Effective period increased up to 120.
- White Knight skills “Blizzard Charge” and “Ice Charge” damage increased to 110% upon mastering.
- Paladin skill “Blast” attack range increased
- Paladin skill “Sanctuary” cooling time decreased to 20 seconds.
- Hero skill “Enrage” cooling time decreased to 6 minutes.
- Dark Knight skill “Berserk” HP use limit changed to 50% upon mastering.
- Mage job skills revised
- Mage (Fire/Poison) and Mage (Ice/Lightning) Skill “Elemental Amplification” attack increased to 140%
- 4th job magician skill “Big Bang” charge time decreased to 1 second.
- Ice/Lightning Arch Mage Skill “Chain Lightning” extra damage increased.
- Bowman job skills revised
- Hunter, Crossbow Man short distance attack range decreased.
- Hunter, Crossbow Man short distance attack damage increased.
- Ranger, Sniper skill “Strafe” initial damage increased to 71%. Damage after mastering remains the same.
- Bowmaster skill “Concentration” effective period increased to 240 seconds.
- Marksman skill “Piercing Arrow” charge time decreased to 1 second.
- Marksman skill “Snipe” cooling time decreased to 5 seconds based on mastered skill.
- Hunter skill “Arrow Bomb” damage until initial mob attack increased.
- Thief job skills revised
- Chief Bandit skill “Band of Thieves” attack range increased.
- Chief Bandit skill “Assaulter” moving range increased.
- Chief Bandit skill “Pickpocket” calculations revised.
- Night Lord skill “Ninja Ambush” range increased.
- Shadower skill “Boomerang Stab”; delay after using this skill decreased.
- Pirate job skills revised
- Outlaw skill “Flamethrower” and “Ice Splitter” attack range increased.
- Viper skill “Dragon Strike”; delay after using this skill decreased.
- Viper skill “Barrage”; delay after using this skill decreased.
- Viper skill “Energy Blast”; delay after using this skill decreased.
- Captain skill “Rapid Fire” damage increased to 170% based on master level.
- Captain skill “Battleship”; when battleship is disabled, waiting time is changed to 90 seconds for all to ride again.
- While using Viper skill “Transformation”, can use all skills except for “Oak Barrel,” “Double Fire,” “Demolition” and “Snatch”.
- While using Viper skill “Super Transformation,” can use all skills except “Oak Barrel” and “Double Fire”.
- Viper skill “Energy Orb”, extra damage added.
- Click the “Fold Inventory” button on the top right of the inventory window to view all the available slots in a glance. Clicking the same button again will unfold and close the expanded window view.
- The inventory slots (Eqp, Use, Etc) can be expanded in the Cash Shop. (Cash, Ins are not available)
- Clicking the “Expand Inventory” button in the Item Inventory window will bring you to the Cash Shop for slot expansion.
- Slots in the Storage can also be expanded in the Cash Shop.
- Deciding stats when creating a character by rolling dice is removed.
- All characters will be given the same stats to start out with.
- Beginner’s skill “Three Snails” does not require snail shells.
- Auto distribute function is added in the Character Stat window. Remaining AP (Ability Points) will be automatically distributed suitable for job & level upon clicking the button.
- An “Occupation recommend” quest is available when you reach level 8. You can still choose your preferred job if you do not like the job recommended by the Maple Administrator.
- If you choose the recommended job, you can move to the job town directly instead of taking the ship from South Perry.
- The required stat for 1st Job advancement has been removed. All newly-created characters will start up with the same stats.
- You can still choose your preferred job regardless of the current stat.
- Stats will be automatically re-distributed when making the 1st job advancement.
- Recommended skill will be marked in skill window for the 1st jobs.
- The function for Finding Party is added in HotKey [O] button.
- Search party among all users in the same map without additional registration.
- Function to refuse party search is added in the game option.
- Propose ring can now be purchased with Mesos at NPC Alegro in the wedding village. Unnecessary propose ring can be sold back to NPC Alegro.
- The drop rate of the “Piece of Time” has been adjusted higher.
- Drop item option is increased:
- Master Monsters will drop better items compared to regular monsters.
- Boss mob will drop better items than Master Monsters.
- Quest system interface is revised. Chain quest will be shown with different icon, and the order of the chain quest will be available in the quest window.
- Click the “Find NPC” button under the Available tab in quest log to see the location of the quest start NPC.
- Button key [Q] is added in the quest alarm window [L] to open the quest window.
- When you register a new available quest, [Q] will blink.
- Buddy Window interface has been revised. You can have a maximum of 100 buddies and categorize them into different groups.
- Fee for meso trade and item sale in the Free Market has been downgraded.
- Monster level will be shown on the left side of its name.
- Monsters in Victoria Island are re-located.
Legendary Hair Coupons
- Released in Henesys, Ludibrium, Singapore CBD, Malaysia and Leafre near the beauty shops.
EPISODE 2 (PART 2)
Knights of Cygnus
- For the first time outside Korea, you get to be part of the Knights of Cygnus legend! Releasing in early June, the Knights of Cygnus transformation will be available to all players with at least one level 20 character. Prep yourself for the Legend is coming…
- New Equip items are added. Up to level 110 items will be dropped by monsters, and items over level 110 will be included in Gachapon.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.